It is truth that almost everyone suffers from cracked heels at one point in their life. It tends to be a little worse during the winter months, but a large percentage of people deal with this problem year round. There are lots of expensive treatments available on the market but there are some really good home remedies that have been known to work miracles for cracked heels. Cracked feet, also known as heel fissures.
Cause of Cracked Feet
The most common cause behind it is Lack of Moisture. Standing for long hours also cause fissures. Use of harsh soaps, dehydration, cold chilly winter weather, continuous exposure to water, overweight, habit of wearing wrong kind of footwear, psoriasis, thyroid disease, diabetes and so on.Some of the signs and symptoms of cracked feet are red or flaky patches, peeling skin, itchiness, bleeding from the cracks, pain.
Natural Way To Heal Cracked Feet
- Take half a bucket of warm water Before going to bed and add some liquid soap in it.
- Now dip your feet in this warm soapy water for about twenty minutes.
- The dead skin cells will become loose which you can now get rid of by scrubbing the area with a pumice stone.
- Try to do it gently or else the skin will get irritated.
- Finally rinse off your feet with clean water, pat dry them with a soft towel and finally apply some foot cream or moisturizer.
- Wear a pair of clean cotton socks and in the morning you will find your feet in a better condition. Follow this remedy daily until the cracked feet are healed completely.
As because lemon has a very mild natural acidic property, it can be used to get rid of dead and dry skin cells around your feet.
- Add some lemon juice to warm water and soak your feet in this solution for a few minutes and then gently scrub the feet with the help of a soft foot brush.
- After that wash and dry your feet completely and apply some moisturizer on your feet thoroughly.
- Another option is to make a mixture of lemon juice and papaya and apply it on the cracked heels, allow it to sit for fifteen minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy for cracked heels once in a week to get positive results.
- Take one or two overripe bananas and blend them in a blender to form a thick and creamy paste.
- Wash your feet properly and then apply this smooth banana paste on it.
- Allow it to sit for about fifteen minutes and then wash your feet thoroughly with lukewarm water and cold water alternatively.
- Soon you will have smooth and silky feet.
- You can follow this simple cracked feet home remedy on a daily basis to prevent and treat dry and cracked heels.
- Instead of banana, ripe papaya can also be used to treat cracked feet.
Paraffin wax can also be used to cure cracked heels.
- Take paraffin wax and heat it along with some mustard oil or coconut oil to make a smooth paste.
- In case you do not have paraffin wax, then you can even use the wax melted from a regular candle.
- After scrubbing the dry skin cells from the feet, apply this paste on the cracks before going to bed.
- Then cover your feet properly by wearing a pair of socks and next morning wash your feet properly.
- Follow this remedy for about a week or two to enjoy smooth feet minus the ugly cracks.
Glycerin can be used in two ways to heal cracked feet.
- Make a mixture of glycerin and rosewater and apply it on the heels daily.
- When this remedy is followed daily for about two weeks, the cracks will start healing and soon you will have soft and smooth feet.
- Add glycerin, raw salt, lemon juice, and rose water in warm water.
- Now soak your cracked feet in this warm water for about ten minutes and then scrub the area with a pumice stone.
- Finally wash your feet and pat dry it and apply some glycerin.
- If required wear a pair of socks.
- Follow this remedy for a week to cure cracked feet.
- To soften up your feet, mix a cup of Honey with a gallon of water. Dip your feet in this mixture for 20-25 minutes.
- Your heals will no longer be dry and it will look as though your cracked heels have completely been cured.
- Take a handful of fine but coarse rice flour and add a few spoons of raw honey and apple cider vinegar to make a thick paste.
- You can also add a tablespoon of olive oil to the paste.
- Wash your feet properly and then gently massage the feet with this paste for a few minutes.
- Finally wash the feet with lukewarm water.
- This cracked heel remedy will help to keep the skin on your feet soft and moisturized.
- The simplest way to heal cracked feet is to apply some extra virgin olive oil on your feet with the help of a cotton ball and gently massage the feet in a circular motion for five to ten minutes and then slip on a pair of thick cotton socks.
- After one hour wash your feet.
- Also with the help of olive oil you can make an effective moisturizing cracked heel cream.
- To make this cream take one tablespoon of olive oil, a few drops of lemon oil or lavender oil in a small bottle and then add an equal amount of water to it.
- Mix it properly to get a thick milky solution.
- Now you can apply this homemade foot cream on your feet two to three times a day.
Make sure you are wearing the right size footwear. Wearing the wrong size shoes is the best way to get cracked heels. Shoes should be comfortable and snug fitting, and make sure they don’t rub or scratch you.
Naturally, keep your feet clean by exfoliating them, and keeping shoes on them when walking on rough surfaces. If you walk on rocks and rough surfaces, you are allowing abrasions on your skin as well as dirt deposits. Cleanliness is Godliness, especially when it comes to preventing cracked heels